The grass doesn’t have to be greener on the other side of the fence. If you want the greenest yard on the block, add fertilizer to your lawn’s regimen. For best results, check out Nixa Lawn Service’s yearlong fertilization program that focuses on maintaining a bright green color, controlling and preventing broadleaf weeds, and strengthening your lawn. With our help, your lawn will be able to withstand summer stress, long winters, and everything in between.
Frequent trims, sharp mower blades, and lots of water to drink will help your yard stay healthy, but if you want it to thrive, you need to feed it with fertilizer. Soil is often deficient in micronutrients and organisms, so we use a product called Turf Formula that infuses these beneficial ingredients into your lawn. Many local golf courses and farmers use this same product for great results on their properties, so you can feel confident that your lawn is receiving excellent fertilization. Our 6-step fertilization program, combined with Turf Formula, is perfect for stubborn lawns.
Our 6-Step Fertilization Lawn Care Program for Fescue and Bluegrass
- Early Spring Application. The first step of the fertilization program, which is applied early in the season, will give your lawn a beautiful green color and prevent annual grassy weeds like crabgrass and foxtail.
- Late Spring Application. The second step also controls and prevents annual grassy weeds, but it also keeps your lawn green and healthy. During this step, we control dandelions, clover, and other broadleaf weeds as needed.
- Grub Control. As you’ve surely guessed from the name, the third step prevents grub infestation all season long.
- Summer Application. The fourth step, applied during the summertime, will help your lawn maintain its spring color throughout the summer. During this step, we also spot treat broadleaf weeds as needed.
- Fall Application. After the harsh, hot, and dehydrating days of summer, the fifth step of our fertilization program rebuilds turf that has been damaged from summer stress. Again, we control broadleaf weeds as needed.
- Winterizer. The final step, applied during the winter, builds a large food reserve for spring and early summer. This will ensure that your yard turns green early in the spring, boasts better-than-normal color, and has excellent roots and tillers. During this step, we also apply liquid lime.
After we apply these six fertilizing applications over the course of twelve months, your lawn will be brighter, greener, and free of weeds and pests. Plus, each time we apply another step, we will be able to assess your lawn and adjust our plan as needed. In addition to our 6-step program, we also offer small-scale fertilization programs that require just three applications or less to control weeds and yield a healthier lawn.
To get started, please give Nixa Lawn Service a call at 417-724-0318 or contact us online.
P.S. Did you know we offer tree services as well?